What Why Where How
RMM header

Hubbard County

The Hubbard County website lists specific guidelines as to what materials are or are not recyclable in your area; please consult this list (as well as any materials you may have received from your county or recycling servicer) as you collect your recyclables. But remember, you can always recycle MORE than just what's collected! Reusable goods can be given to thrift stores or churches, food waste can be composted, some materials can be sent directly to remanufacturers... For tips on recycling MORE than what's normally collected, check out our mega list of what can be recycled and how.


Recycling Guidelines

Aluminum, steel, tin, glass and plastic can now be co-mingled together in one bag or container. Items must be rinsed; labels may be left on.
-- Aluminum: beverage cans
-- Steel/tin food cans: Rinse; you may flatten.
-- Glass: Unbroken food and beverage containers only. Rinse; remove caps and rings.
-- Plastic: Look for recycling symbols with accepted numbers: #1 and #2 bottles with necks (caps and O-rings removed); #2 and #4 tubs; #2 and #4 pill bottles; #4 bottles and lids

Newspapers, magazines, catalogs and phone books can be bagged or bundled together.

Bagged or boxed together. NO tissue paper or candy wrappers.

Corrugated cardboard only; flattened, then boxed or bundled.

Must be clean and odor-free. Boxed or bundled.

The County Transfer Station accepts other materials for recycling as well, such as working appliances, electronic products and dimensional lumber. Contact the Transfer Station to inquire if your materials are accepted.

Rechargeable (Ni-Cads), Button (watches, hearing aids, cameras


(Last updated April 14, 2011)

Want to select another county?


About UsContactFacebookTwitter